I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, February 28, 2022

Day 28 - Caribou Interview

 Another challenge has come to an end... The past few weeks of painting and posting have been a wonderful affirmation of art, great art friends and art lovers!  What a fun ride it has been!  

Today's painting, titled "Caribou Interview" was a design I've had waiting to be painted for quite some time. It works that way sometimes, where I will design a painting, and then, for some reason, its just not the right time to paint it.  But then, all of a sudden it is!  I knew I wanted to paint this sweet caribou for the last day of the challenge, perhaps simply because she just makes me happy.

A few facts and then I'll wrap this up.. Did you know that caribou and a reindeer are the same animal? True.  And how do I know this caribou is a girl?  Because, while both males and females get antlers, the female's antlers are narrower and straighter.. and, lastly, they can run at top speeds of about 50 km per hour (31 mph).. 

Thank you again for following along this month :) It means the world to me that you come in and take the time to read my ramblings and comment on my artwork. Tomorrow, I will post a collage of all the work I created this month, so don't forget to check back!

"Caribou Interview", oil, 8"x8", Click here for purchasing details


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...