I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Day 23 - Horse Sense

 "Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people." - W.C.Fields

Fields may have been making a joke with this turn of words, and yet there is a bit to unpack here.. :) My thoughts about what he may have meant when he said this lean towards the often unpredictability and sometimes unreliability of human nature.. is it any surprise that animals are many people's best friends?  

On another topic, I am happy to announce that I have been invited to be an exhibiting artist in the Art Gallery at the Devon Horse Show :)  Growing up in Chester County, PA, I always knew when the Devon Horse Show was happening.  Surrounded by horse country, many of my classmates had horses and would go. I never had the chance to attend (or reason to at that time..) so I am excited that I'll be going this year, and have the chance to see it from an artist's perspective.  As one might expect, I've had horses on the brain lately...  

Today's painting is of a painted horse, focusing on his front half... I love how the negative space is emphasized by composing the design in this way. :)


"Horse Sense", oil, 7"x7", click here for purchasing details


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...