I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Day 22 - Gone Fishin

 Back a year or so ago, I painted a small series I called "Animals Behaving Badly". Each painting featured an animal leaping out of a mixed drink.  This was one I designed during that spell, but never painted.  While scrolling back through the archives the other day, I came upon the design and decided it was a good time to paint it. :) 

I love how it came out and am particularly happy with the glass and the liquid.  Not necessarily a difficult subject, it still just makes me happy when glass turns out looking like, well, glass!

I imagine this Bass in a martini glass was just hanging out, lazily minding his own business when along came a fisherman.. apparently unable to resist a challenge, this guy may have ended up someone's meal, already pickled and seasoned for the pan.. or, maybe he was the one that got away..

Gone Fishin, oil, 9"x12", click here for purchasing details


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...