I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Saturday, October 16, 2021

Day 16 - Do You Have Some Time For Me

Today's painting is of a little duck in a different but equally iconic style of shoes, Mary Janes.  A classic shoe, I've found that ducks look just as cute in them as they do in Chucks.  This little one needed a balloon to balance things out.. a red balloon :) When thinking about what to title this painting, I was reminded of the song 99 red balloons by Nena.  It was a popular song when I was a teenager and I remembered it begins with the line "Do you have some time for me?" And so the title was born.  

Naturally I had to look the song up and then watch the video.. and and then read a bit about it too.  It has an interesting history and is actually popular in 2 languages, English and German. If you'd like to read more, check out this link 


Do You Have Some Time For Me?, Oil, 8"x8", Purchasing Details click here


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...