I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Day 13 - Snowhill farms

In keeping with yesterday's plein air theme, today's entry was painted during a recent day when I travel to West Chester.  The landscape in the area I travel to is dotted with natural preserves, horse farms and old estates and this painting was done of the back end of the Snowhill farms horse farm along the Southern edge of Chester County. Sometimes, if I'm painting small, I'll paint a diptych and paint 2 panels simultaneously ..this was one of those times and I painted two views of the same scene.. Below is the right half of the pair and I'll post the other half tomorrow :) That day, I was attracted to the warm grasses and interesting trees on the hill with a backdrop of the beautiful blue sky.. and the fence pattern running along the foreground. 

"Snowhill Farms, Springdell Road" oil on panel, 6"x8"








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...