I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Day 12 - Along the Brandywine Creek; Shaw's Bridge Park

 It's day 12 of this extra fun painting challenge and unfortunately I did not have the chance to paint yesterday (I have been ahead by a day or 2 so far, but with commissions and a visit to the surgery center yesterday, I've got some catching up to do..)  

Anyway, this painting is one I painted Plein Air a few weeks back along the Brandywine Creek in Chester County.  I found this very cool little park called Shaw's Bridge Park with beautiful trails, great views and amazing rock out croppings. I wish I knew what kind of rocks they are as they are quite unique.. kind of like Mica, but a studier structure - less flaky.  Just beautiful though. The trails through the park are just as stunning as the views of the creek so, needless to say, it was a day spent in near paradise.

I was attracted to this scene because of the abstract design.  The way the sky was reflecting in the water, patterns of reflections from the trees and that bird-like outcropping on the right.. all together posed a real challenge to me.  Plein air painting is a time for me is much more intense than studio painting and sometimes it feels like I am actually creating new synapses.  But, like yoga, after a day of painting outside from life, I always feel at peace and with a heightened sense of joy and some new nuggets of knowledge picked up from the experience. Here is my experiment from the day along with some pics of the beautiful areal. Enjoy!

Oh, and do scroll to the bottom to see a woman about to be beamed up on the trail... proof of aliens?

Along the Brandywine; Shaw's Bridge Park, 9"x12", oil on panel







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...