I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, October 11, 2021

Day 11- Feeling Mello

 Today's painting was commissioned by a very sweet woman who is additionally a devout dog lover.  She has had me paint several of her furry friends and this painting will be given as a gift to her Aunt and Uncle who own this handsome pup, Mello.  My patron found out that Mello is sick and he may not have long to live so she wanted to give her Aunt and Uncle something to remember Mello by.  I do so appreciate that people come to me to paint such special paintings and it is not lost on me how important their pets are to them.  The loss of a beloved pet is one of the hardest things to bear and I can't tell you how honored I am to create a portrait for people who are grieving so.  In any painting I create of a beloved pet I make a conscious effort to open my heart and pour love and care into the animal's expression and spirit within the painting.  With commemorative paintings like these, every brushstroke is that much more special.  Here is to Mello. While he is still with us on this earth, I do wish for him happiness, treats and many, many scratches and hugs.

"Mello", oil on cradled panel, 10"x10"
Sold

To commission me to paint your furry best friend, please contact me here. 
I am offering discounts on all of my commissions through the end of October.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...