I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Day 17 of the 28 in 28 - Ballooning for Fish

What does it mean to balloon for fish?  I'm not sure, entirely.  I do know that fishing is a sacred art and to some, it is almost a religion... Look up quotes about fishing, and you find things like "It's better to sit in a boat and think about God, than sit in a church and think about fishing." I won't promise you that this painting is as deep as all that, but it could be. All depends on how you are seeing it at this moment. I know I will get some folks who feel sorry for this very worried looking fish (reminds me of C-3PO a little..)  Don't worry.  No fish were harmed during the making of this painting.. <3 :)

And if you read my facebook post, you will remember that I was wondering also about why balloons are the things that help to make special occasions even more special.. what is it about balloons? My paintings aren't necessarily about answering these questions.. they are more just visual places to sit and ponder for awhile.. hopefully in a smiley kind of way..

"Ballooning for Fish", oil on panel, 9"x12"
to purchase, please click here




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...