I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Day 16 of the 28 in 28 - "Melodies Pure and True"

 I have an ongoing series based on one of my favorite Bob Marley songs, "3 Little Birds". When I hear that song, my blood pressure immediately falls and my breathing deepens...  the relaxation washes over me and I am thankful for Bob and his sweet crooning.  My 3 little birds paintings are an ode to this song, this feeling and this way of being.. sometimes it is best to let things go, not worry and know that ultimately, Every little thing is going to be alright.

Today's painting features 3 dark eyed juncos, which is a type of bird that I personally think are under valued.  Aesthetically, their feathers have a beautiful range of neutral colors from an inky black to soft white with subtle pinks, blues and ochres glinting through.  They used to be very common to see at bird feeders here in SE Pennsylvania, but I have read that their populations have dwindled in recent years.. while still considered a very prevalent species, this article from the Audubon society raises concern.  In any event, our feathered friends are a gift to the world and should be respected and protected, other wise, we may have some very big things to worry about...

To hear the song of the dark eyed junco and bring a little spring into your day, click here.

"Melodies Pure and True", oil on panel, 7"x14"
to purchase, please click here



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...