I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Saturday, September 26, 2015

Day 26 - Frame making

Weekends are always a challenge for me to get up into my studio.  First of all, I would rather be with my family, who I don't get to see as much during the week!  And there just seems to be a lot of other things that are calling for my attention.    I just didn't make it to the studio to paint today although I sketched everything out onto the panel.  But that is as far as I got.  I did, however, start making frames today, which was a big necessity, as I need a finished one for Monday!! (nothing like last minute...) (If you haven't been here before, in addition to painting, I make ALL of my own frames.  I enjoy woodworking, and it is also kinder on my budget.)   So, that is what I am posting for today. These two frames are both 12" x 24" floater frames for two of my 30 in 30 paintings!  I just finished gluing and air nailing them together and now they are drying, clamped with my awesome frame strap clamps... Tomorrow I will be applying the finish and then putting the paintings in them!
To make up for things, I am going to try to be a super painter tomorrow and paint two pictures.  We will see how that goes.  I can't guarantee anything.,.. :)


Two 12" x 24" frames for day 11 and day 14 paintings
To see day 11's painting again, click here
To see day 14, click here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...