I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, September 14, 2015

14 - Zahaira

Today I revisited yesterday's theme.. but focused on just the one woman... She was my favorite part of yesterday's painting (Leaving the Beach) and I just wanted to explore her some more.  I decided to use a triad color scheme of red orange - blue green - and red violet but I started it  by painting an under painting of largely complementary colors... I included pictures of the different stages of the painting below... I have done something similar to this on several other paintings... and then leave some of the underpainting showing through in the final painting.  I like the effect of this technique, and think I need to experiment more with it!  Btw... look up the meaning of the name Zahaira... (you can find it here) it just popped in my head when thinking of a title for this one... I like what it means...


Zahaira, oil on canvas, 12" x 24"
to purchase this painting, please click here






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...