I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Friday, September 25, 2015

Day 25 - As Above, So Below

Today I wanted to uber challenge myself and paint a big one... I painted an 18" x 24" landscape, again, from Idaho.. The contrasts and colors out West are just incredible.  Why is that?
Anyway, being that it is a bigger one, I am not sure if I am actually finished.  I think I need to go back in and fix some details up here and there.  Other than that, I am happy with the contrasts and the composition.  Being that it was bigger, I also had to work very differently than I usually do -  I used only big brushes and spent less time on the sketch and more time on the values and colors... This one isn't for sale just yet.  Stay posted as it will be eventually!  I'll have a better picture of it too.. this one was done in my studio under lights... not my preferred way of photographing. Oh well.  It's Friday.  I'm beat!



As Above, So Below, oil on panel, 18" x 24"
not for sale...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...