I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Saturday, February 26, 2022

Day 26 - Change Your Thinking, Change Your Life

 This is the latest in my Spirit Animal series, where I focus on animals as symbolic guides that help us through our lives.  This one features a coyote and 3 crows.  Coyotes are known for their ingenuity and adaptability, while crows are known for their intelligence and symbolize the mysteries of existence. I've painted both animals before, and have paired them together as well.. They seem to belong together somehow, as if their energies work together.. 

 In my painting, Coyote is joined by 3 crows (thought patterns?) to remind us that we are adaptable.. there is always the possibility of change.  I am a firm believer that if we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change..  Of course, thinking can not change everything.. My daughter reminded me that you can not 'think' away all of your problems.  But, a lot of problems are caused by how we are thinking about them.  Shift your perspective and observe what happens...  

Another variation on this theme is this quote that I came across: If you don't like where you are.. move!  You are not a tree..  Love that!  

"Change Your Thinking, Change Your Life", oil and cold wax, 11"x14", 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...