I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, February 22, 2021

Day 22 of the 28 in 28 - Emmy

 In between creating my own whimsical artwork I usually have a commission or 2 somewhere in progress.  This one, of the patron's late, beloved black lab, was just finished and delivered over the weekend.  Painting special and sometimes commemorative animal portraits is one of the best parts of my job.  I love being able to capture a pet's unique quirks and beauty and I am honored to create a painting that will be cherished for the feelings and memories it keeps alive.  This is Emmy.

Her mom contacted me in early January asking if I could paint her lab who had just passed away as a present for her husband, who was missing her fiercely.  We worked together to find just the right pose and composition. When she saw the finished painting over the weekend, it brought tears to her eyes.. she told me that this was the best present she had gotten in her entire life.  And that was the gift to me, to know that I could help to ease a broken heart, even just a little.. ♥ ♥ ♥


"Emmy", 8"x8", oil on cradled panel
Sold


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...