I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Friday, February 19, 2021

Day 19 of the 28 in 28 - The Chase

"With the catching ends the pleasure of the chase" - Abraham Lincoln

Something worth thinking about as I go about my daily rituals and while I spend time painting every day.... This sentiment goes hand in hand with the idea that its not about the destination, its the journey, right?  I will try to remember today to appreciate the moments and not dwell on what may or may not be...

The style of this painting is loosely influenced by a type of Norwegian folk art called Rosemaling.  This decorative painting style uses stylized flowers, scrollwork and geometric elements in flowing patterns.  I love looking at rosemaling artwork, and wanted to see how I could translate that into something a little more me.. This is the second painting I've done in this style and I'm enjoying the chase :) Scroll down to see an example of rosemaling and to see my first attempt at translating it into something new.

"The Chase", oil on panel, 11"x14"
to purchase, please click here


An example of traditional Rosemaling


"Leaping Hare Botanical", 11"x14", oil on panel
Available. Please email me for purchasing information


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...