I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Day 25 - Artist Chick

 One reason I've done so many daily painting challenges (this is my 13th!) is because I love the new ideas that come by pushing the creative flow.. To come up with new ideas every day, there is a degree of letting go you have to do.. letting go of censoring, letting go of control.  This little idea came yesterday and while it is so simple, the imagery and story are striking to me.

another point of interest, I had no blue or green on my palette for this painting.. Its probably obvious, but it was fun painting with what is known as an analogous color scheme, meaning all of the colors are next to each other on the color wheel (yellow, orange and red)

Oh, and how do you like the funky red saddle shoes?  (I love them...)

Last bit of commentary - by day 24, I am feeling the fatigue.. designing, painting and posting every day is a challenge for sure.  The posting in particular is hard for me, but also, I know, vital. Vital to get my art out there, and vital for myself, and others who care to come here and read my blab, to get a deeper insight into why I do what I do. I am so thankful to everyone who follows along with these challenges I do and of course for all of the kind comments and likes my paintings glean.  ♥  So today, this painting celebrates the challenges and rewards of being an artist chick :) Thank you for reading ♥


"Artist Chick", oil, 8"x8", click here for purchasing details


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...