I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday, January 26, 2023

Day 26 - Chicasso

 This little dude is a companion painting to yesterday's "Artist Chick" and is titled Chicasso (of course!) :)  I love to paint in series (sometimes just 2 in the same theme, other times a whole mess..) and after designing the artist chick painting with red accents I knew I wanted to design one painting in blue.. I'm considering a green artist chick, but haven't yet designed her.. 

Somehow, I also have gotten into painting iconic shoes.. It started with me painting Converse All Stars years ago.. I painted them alone and then I started putting them on ducks (because, Ducks in Chucks..).. and they even ended up on bunnies and giraffes too! Then I opened up my shoe repertoire and added Mary Janes.. then saddle shoes, and wingtips and even Vans.. Shoes are just too fun to paint, and really, we all have a deep connection with our shoes.  The shoes we wear are, of course, utilitarian, but, it can't be denied, have a ton of symbolism that go along with them too.  I don't really want to explore the symbolism of shoes in words, but I do love to explore how different styles of shoes can change a painting. So this guy is wearing a stylish pair of blue wing tips, and if you compare yesterday's and today's painting, the red and blue give quite different feelings, and the shoes do too.. Hope you enjoy! ♥



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...