I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Day 17 - On Closer Inspection

I love painting birds, and sparrows are one of my favorites.. They are just a friendly bunch who often will hang out in groups and are very common in many parts of the world.. Their markings are so pretty to capture as well.. :)

Marbles on the other hand.. no, just kidding. I do like painting marbles and in fact I love marbles in general.. pretty little mini universes that they are and all.. But man, I haven't painted marbles in several years and I forgot just how hard they are to paint! The reflections, transparency, shadows and distortion.. all in this tiny ball, are challenging to say the least. I am not complaining, I promise...  I enjoy trying to capture the complexity and hope I do a half decent job at it.. Not sure if I achieved half decency with this one or not, but I'm pleased enough.

On another note, if you have marbles from your youth, don't get rid of them! I was looking up marbles on eBay when looking for reference pictures and 'vintage' marbles are quite expensive!  So, save your marbles folks!


"On Closer Inspection", oil 8"x8", purchasing details can be found here


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...