I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Day 18 - Join Me For Tea?

Have you ever been to a tea party?  I have fond memories of one I went to when I was a little girl, in a bonified tea room.  I don't remember much, but I do remember the pretty teacups.. the fancy cookies and just being enchanted to be there.  Maybe that is why I like painting tea cups so much.. Teacups have made it into many of my paintings, indeed, and I've definitely pondered why.


"Join Me For Tea", oil, 8"x8", purchasing details can be found here

...perhaps another reason I like painting teacups is because I used to make pottery years ago and made my fair share of teacups..  So, I've explored cups from the standpoint of actually designing and making them. I appreciate, for instance, a well designed handle, or a particularly elegant curve in the body of the cup..
 I also love that teacups and even drinking tea is symbolic in many cultures.. for instance the Japanese tea ceremony considers all aspects of having tea sacred from the preparation and serving of the tea to the types of vessels used. (read more about this beautiful ceremony here)  
And lastly I thoroughly enjoy drinking tea!  Earl Grey, Yunan Bo nay, Special Gun Powder Green tea, and Jasmine are some of my favorites but I've a whole cabinet full of different kinds.  

So, I guess that is enough reasons why I paint teacups, don't you think? So anyway, will you join me? :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...