I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Friday, January 13, 2023

Day 13 - Mid-Century Euro Robin

Good day :)  

Todays painting is titled "Mid-Century Euro-Robin" and it is a simple little one with a mid-century modern style teacup and an adorable European Robin.. I like mid-century modern design and the funky little drawings that are sometimes found on the products of the time. I think this teacup is just the sweetest and like not only the design on it but also its little circular handle..

If you are not familiar with the term, the Merriam Webster dictionary describes it thusly:  Mid-Century Modern (MCM) is a style of design (as in architecture and furniture) of roughly the 1930s through the mid-1960s characterized especially by clean lines, organic and streamlined forms, and lack of embellishment.


"Mid-Century Euro-Robin", oil, 7"x7", purchasing details can be found here

Years ago, when I was bored in school and would doodle in my notebook, often, my doodles would look similar to the doodles below.. I didn't realize it at the time but I was definitely channeling MCM...

And European Robins... I came across these cute little birds awhile back when looking through pictures of...wait for it... cute birds!  If you google "Cute Birds" I guarantee European robins will make the list somewhere :) According to this website  "The European Robin is seen throughout most of Europe year-round. Although it is called a robin, which is a member of the thrush family, this robin is actually a flycatcher. This very attractive bird is recognized by its orange face and breast"

Just do yourself a favor and google European Robin.. nearly every picture you will find is adorable. :)


Detail from today's painting..



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...