I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday, January 12, 2023

Day 12 - Well Read

 Today's little duckling is titled "Well Read" as I like to think that she enjoys not only sitting on books, but reading them too. :) My duckling paintings often end up hanging in a sweet little gallery in Kennett Square called Square Pear Fine Art Gallery and that is where this one is likely headed too.. there seems to be a good portion of folks down that way that like sweet little ducks, and better yet, ducks on books.  I like painting them so, it is a win-win!



"Well Read", oil, 8"x8", click here for purchasing details

This palette also keeps calling me back too.. I have used it or a variation in some of my recent rainbow/prism paintings, including yesterday's Happy Frog. Its a bit of a muted rainbow but you'll notice its missing purple! I don't have a problem with purple and in fact like it a lot.. But I find it interesting what happens visually if you don't include it.. interesting enough that I think I'll be exploring it more..




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...