I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Day 11 - Happiness

When I look at this frog serenely gazing at a ladybug, with the colors of the rainbow boldly in the background, well, this painting just exudes happiness to me and toadally makes me smile (I am so sorry... I had to..) :)  But, seriously, this got me thinking about happiness..

How can a picture just.. well.. make me happy?  Well, for one, I think smiles can be contagious and this frog has a big one.  And, if you read my rainbow musings post, you will remember that I think rainbows and even images of rainbows can make us happy due to the complete range of wavelengths we are seeing. Rainbows rev up the brain... :) So there's those two things. Plus there's the story happening between the ladybug and the frog.. what exactly is going on? Whatever it is, the story makes me smile too.

Another thought... why is Happiness sometimes elusive? One moment you are happy and in an instant, something "bad" happens and everything changes..  

After a lifetime of contemplating things like this, I've come to think happiness is not about what is going on outside of you, but rather what is going on inside of you... it is about inner balance and peace.. and letting go too..

*When that instant comes, as it inevitably will, your inner peace will be disrupted.  How you react to the disruption is everything. Will you fight to hang on to a desire to remain in your previous blissful state, or will you flow from one moment to the next without letting your expectations of the moment disturb your inner peace.

 Sometime I bend like a willow.. Sometimes I break like an oak.. always practicing, not always hitting the mark..

Anyway, nuff about that.. look at this happy frog! 
I hope that in this instant, you feel happy, for however fleeting of a moment it may be. :)
Whatever happiness is, may you have it right now..


"Happiness", oil, 8"x8", purchasing details can be found here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...