I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, August 31, 2020

Day 30 of the 30 in 30 challenge! - Cat Call

 

Good morning! It is the final day of the 30 paintings in 30 days challenge.. And, I want to be honest… while it is definitely a challenge to keep up with the pace of a 30 in 30, and some days I was just plain tired… I am also sad it is coming to a close…  I love the groove I get into, the productivity and the influx of ideas and most of all I love all of the kind, uplifting comments and love everyone shares with me, cheering me on. So thank you!! This painting is titled "Cat Call" and is 3rd in a series of visual idiom paintings I am doing.  (There will be more, so stay tuned!) 

As I've mentioned in previous posts, I love vintage things, particularly those of the 50's and 60's.  Their lines, colors and overall design is just appealing to me.  This rotary dial phone is one of the things I love for all those reasons.  I've painted rotary dials many times.. but never an avocado green one :)  This color was a staple of interior and product design in the 60's and 70's (check out some crazy house pics from this era here) and was used in everything from kitchen sinks and cabinets to drapery and carpets... It was definitely overdone in my opinion, but the there are still some things I love in avocado green, this phone being one of them.  And, I am proud to say that my kitchen has a vintage kitchen sink in avocado green!When we first bought our house, I figured we'd replace that baby... but now that we've been her for awhile, I've kind of fallen for it.  Pretty sure its here to stay... :)

The sleepy kitty on top of the phone is of course the cat of the title.  I've a new love interest in painting subjects and that is sleeping animals.  I suspect they are going to start showing up in many of my future paintings!  


Cat Call, 10"x10", oil, click here to purchase



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...