I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Saturday, August 29, 2020

Day 29 of the 30 in 30 - Dixie Chick Goes to School

There are many kids heading to school right now and things are quite different for them and their families.  I know it is a stressful time for a lot of them, but I also know that a good sense of of humor, patience and empathy for everyone involved are all important ingredients for success. This little chick is ready to go and excited to learn and I bet most of the kids going back are ready to be learning again too.  

I was inspired to paint this little painting for a few reasons... One, because I wanted to acknowledge all of the back to school vibes flying around right now, and two, because these little ducks are kind of a tradition for me.  The past few 30 in 30's I've done have all featured a few ducks in Chucks or Ducks in Mary Jane's and I couldn't let this one go by without painting at least one. :) These little guys waddle into my consciousness and are just too cute to not paint!

So, back to school is hitting close to home right now.  My son is going into 9th grade and his school will be totally cyber to start... but for him, it won't be much of a transition as he has been cyber and/or a blend of cyber and onsite for the past several years.. I feel lucky and thankful that we don't have any anxiety about his schooling this fall because his school is already set up to do cyber. I also feel for those school districts that are going completely cyber for the 1st time and for the kids who are navigating this new world along with them.  It'll be hard for sure, but be patient... it'll all be ok. <3

Just a quick note about cyber school... as I mentioned, my son is in cyber school.  He was in a traditional brick and mortar public school up until 6th grade and unfortunately, his needs were just not being met.  In short, he was bored out of his mind.  He is a bright kid and his style of learning was just not matching up with his district's methods.  I was skeptical about cyber, but circumstances were such that there was no other option at the time.  I gave in and decided to let him try cyber (which he had been asking to try for years..)  And I'll never regret the decision.  Cyber school has turned out to be a blessing and the answer to all of the problems he was encountering in traditional school.  So, to all the parents and kids out there worrying about cyber.. I say, give it a shot.  It may wind up not being for you, but be patient and open minded.  You may find that there are many benefits to cyber you had never realized.  Good luck and best wishes to everyone going back to school!

Dixie Chick Goes to School, oil, 7"x7", click here to purchase


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...