I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Saturday, August 1, 2020

Day 1 of the August 30 in 30!

Welcome to Day 1 of the August 30 paintings in 30 days challenge I am doing!  The first day of these challenges is always so amazing... you really don't know what is going to happen in 30 days and the hope and anticipation is fresh and exciting. But know this... I will be painting paintings that are designed to make you smile and I hope that if you follow along, they bring a spot of joy into your day! :)  With no further ado, here is my first entry...


Mrs Easterday in the Garden, 8"x8", oil on board, unframed 
To purchase, please click here

 This year, our family planted a decent sized garden. (see pic below..)  We are currently in the midst of dealing with the fruits of our labors (canning, pickling and such) and every day when I go out to tend and harvest, I inevitably stir up a few bunnies.  I painted this little rabbit in honor of all of the little rabbits skittering about in my neighborhood right now, some of whom find their way into my garden. Thankfully I am not seeing any signs of bunny nibbles on any of my slaved over veggies, so for now, they remain cute... I hope they are just hanging in the garden because it is so pretty... :) the plants behind the bunny are from a picture I took while laying on the ground.  I have a thing for the little plants that crop up between the rows - Lady's thumb, clover and plaintain are just a few of the prettly little 'weeds' that I love almost as much as the sweet tomatoes growing by their side. I like to think the bunnies that go in my garden are sweet on them too. About the title, I have a friend I met through my artwork and she recently shared with me that her maiden name was Easterday.  I instantly fell in love with this name and titled another painting (which she purchased..) titled Mr. Easterday's Peaches.  It seemed logical that Mr. Easterday should have a daughter.. don't you think?  And Ms Easterday was born.... <3   To purchase this painting, click here and See you tomorrow!

Weber family garden Summer 2020 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...