I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Saturday, February 24, 2018

Day 24 of the 30 in 30 - "Make 'em Laugh - Cosmo Brown"

When I am feeling inspired to paint my whimsical duck paintings, I am guessing that I am being influenced by my past occupation as a Children's Librarian. I worked as one for just over 6 years and  I have to say that it was truly one of the best jobs I have ever had.  Heck,  I got to choose and read beautifully illustrated books to happy, un-jaded little children every week.  What more could you ask for in a job?  And of course you can't beat the free dissemination of information that public libraries offer and defend every day of their existence.  Public Libraries Rock and don't you forget it.  
The title comes from the classic musical "Singing in the Rain", because at first I thought about titling it "Quacking in the Rain",  but just couldn't bring myself to this level of absurdity... And then I remembered this quote from Cosmo Brown, a character in the movie. -  "No matter what, never lose your sense of humor... keep smiling and make em laugh"... If you haven't seen the musical, check it out.   Its a classic for a reason! And I just remembered, the first time I ever saw this movie, I rented it from the library I was working in!  Yay! Love it when life brings you full  circle...

Make 'em Laugh - Cosmo Brown, oil, 6"x6", to purchase click here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...