I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Day 18 of the 30 in 30 - "Sporting New Duds"

Well, this 30 in 30 is for some reason more challenging than others as far as being able to actually paint every day.  And usually I am ahead with by a few paintings, so even if I don't make it to the studio one day, I have one waiting in the wings.  Not so this time. Anyway, I missed yesterday again!  I did however spend most of the day yesterday thinking and talking about art and composition with a master artist - Don Victor Vargas.  Although I have nothing to show for it, I do feel productive about yesterday.  Enough about that.

Today's painting is called "Sporting New Duds".  I actually have painted this rooster several times, in slightly different poses and with different backgrounds.  I just love this guy's expression, pose and especially the colors -  the bright, warm oranges paired with the black and turquoise.  I just love painting him.  Decided it was time he sported some Chucks of his own, so I dressed him up a bit!

Sporting New Duds, oil on panel, 6"x6"
to purchase, please click here

1 comment:

  1. My, what big feet you have! Oh sorry, different story. Love this! Too fun!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...