I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, January 16, 2017

Day 16 of the 30 in 30 - Hong Kong, Meditating on Tian Tan

Back to travelling the world folks and my Glimpsed paintings.  Today's most visited area of the world is Hong Kong (it is 9th in the list).  I have been thinking a lot about this whole challenge that I set myself.. visiting and painting the world's 20 most visited places... As I have mentioned, it has really challenged me to think about what I should paint... It is very hard to pick just one scene from these diverse and very colorful places!  Today's painting is based on where I would go if I were to go to Hong Kong.  After wandering around the streets of the city, and not really enjoying store after store, building after building... I ventured into the 'suburbs'.. out in the country side and found this amazing bronze statue of the Buddha.  It is called the "Tian Tan Buddha".  
The following little excerpt is from Wikipedia...
"Located at Ngong Ping, Lantau Island, in Hong Kong, the statue is sited near Po Lin Monastery and symbolises the harmonious relationship between man and nature, people and faith. It is a major center of Buddhism in Hong Kong, and is also a popular tourist attraction."
If you look up pictures of it, you will see it is enormous.  I'd love to visit it someday. :)

Hong Kong, Meditating on Tian Tan, oil on panel, 4"x18"
to purchase, please click here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...