I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday, January 19, 2017

Day 19 of the 30 in 30 - "Park Güell, Barcelona"

Travelling the world is fun, but tiring!  Today's most visited city (the 10th, I believe) is Barcelona, Spain.  Many famous artists have come from Spain, so I thought it appropriate to choose a scene from Park Güell, a beautiful park that was completely designed by the famous artist/architect, Antoni Gaudi.  It was constructed between 1900 and 1914 and is a combination of architectural and natural elements.  His buildings all have soft curves and often include mosaic work.  the view I chose is from the very top of the park, looking down at one of the iconic structures in the park.  The wall you see at the bottom of the panel is actually very intricate mosaic work... too intricate for me to try to represent.  In fact, this whole scene was pretty intricate, and mid way through painting it, I wondered just what the hell was I thinking?   I do, however like the zig zagging lines that take your eye through the picture and buildings themselves are what initially attracted me to paint this scene.  If you want more info about Park Güell, you can check it out here and here. There is so much more to see than what I was able to represent in this tiny Glimpse of the park!

Park Güell, Barcelona,oil on panel, 4"x18"
to purchase, please click here 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...