I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday, January 12, 2017

Day 11 of the 30 in 30 - "Passing by Dubai"

Dubai is a city that seems to have sprung up out of the dust in the Middle East.  It is a city and emirate in the United Arab Emirates known for luxury shopping, ultramodern architecture and a lively nightlife scene.  I first heard of it about 8 years ago when the tallest building in the world (The Burj Khalifa)  was erected there. I thought it would be cool to paint the Burj, but alas, it is difficult from Google Streetview to get a good view of it.  As I mentioned yesterday, it is also difficult to decide which scene to paint in these cities. There is so much to see and many disparate areas.  But, Dubai was pretty clear to me.  When exploring the various areas of Dubai, I generally found that there is ultra modern, futuristic looking buildings springing up everywhere (Dubai seems to be in a perpetual state of construction)  and then on the outlaying areas, you have vast areas of low slung, very average looking buildings.  I chose a view from one of the many twisting highways, zipping by a particularly nice arrangement of shiny skyscrapers.  For some reason, it reminded me of Tatooine, the fictional Star Wars planet Luke Skywalker was from.

Passing By Dubai, oil, 4"x18"
to purchase, please click here


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...