I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Day 4 of my Holiday Painting Spree - "Rembrandt"

I have never owned chickens, but I predict that at some point, they will become an addition to my life.  I have painted countless chickens as an artist (how did this happen?) and I always seem to gravitate back to these interesting birds as subject.  They all have such character and the friends I know who do keep chickens simply adore them... for their eggs and their companionship believe it or not.  On another note, the titles for today's painting came to me as I was looking at the picture I took of the painting this morning.  I always inspect my images closely to make sure that the detail is intact and the colors are correct. As I was looking at the face of this one, the artist Rembrandt popped in my head.  I think it is partially the style and brushwork that I am developing.... but I also think I might be following the tradition of TMNT and naming my animals after famous artists... (yes I have kids and yes, one of them was obsessed with the Turtles!) I won't go into detail here, but if you don't know who the TMNT are, and if you want to find out more about this series of unlikely super heros, click here... :)

So this is my super hero chicken for the day, "Rembrandt".  I can picture this guy strutting his stuff in a pretty little kitchen, but suspect he would hang nicely most anywhere....
You can purchase Rembrandt (at 20% off my usual prices) at my DPW site.

Rembrandt, oil on panel, ready to hang, 6"x6"to purchase please click here
Below is an idea of how this painting could look in your home!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...