I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Day 11 of my Holiday Painting Spree - Black & White

"Black is modest and arrogant at the same time. Black is lazy and easy - but mysterious. But above all, black says this:  I don't bother you, don't bother me." - Yohji Yamamoto (Fashion Designer)

My 2nd VW beetle painting during my Spree - This one is the opposite of yesterday's... a black car on a white background.  As I mentioned, surfaces reflect the colors and light that surround them, so black doesn't always appear black and can have all colors reflected in it.  But, I can agree with Yohji... Black can be a statement above all else.  This painting will be hanging side by side with the white bug I posted yesterday in the Reading Tavern for Art Plus Gallery's upcoming show there, "Black and White".
If you should wish to purchase this painting now, please visit my DPW gallery here.


Black & White, oil on panel,
to purchase please click here


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...