I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Day 10 of my Holiday Painting Spree - "White & Black"

"If everything isn't black and white, I say Why the Hell Not?" - John Wayne

What does that mean? I am not quite sure, but it made me laugh.  Today's painting is 10th in line of my Holiday Painting Spree paintings.  An upcoming show I will be hanging in is themed "Black and White". As a painter, you come to realize that there isn't ever true black or white in an object or scene.  This is because surfaces are always reflecting their surroundings and the ambient light.  So, a white car may actually have shadows that are purple and reflections that could be any color of the rainbow.  So, maybe this is an answer to Mr. Wayne's question above... Because Mr. Wayne, as the impressionists found out a long time ago, black and white do not truly exist in nature..... Without further ado, here is today's painting, "White & Black".  Had to paint another VW beetle... just one of my favorite subjects to paint... :) 

White & Black, oil on panel
to purchase this painting, please click here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...