I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Friday, September 9, 2016

Day 9 - Pagoda Hills Vineyard

I am so lucky to live in the beautifully diverse countryside of South Eastern PA.  Close by my house is a vineyard that welcomed me and my painting buddy, Russ out to plein air paint the other day.  It was a hot day.. what you might call indian Summer, with crickets singing away and butterflies visiting the late season flowers all around.  I was taken by the lane that led down to the barns and the big old tree that we found out was unfortunately having termite problems and may not make it much longer.  Anyways, I am not an expert plein air painter... it is something that really challenges me and seriously wears me out by the end of it.  But I'm always ready for another excursion.  Painting out of doors is just the best experience.  Technically a landscape, the little person walking with the dog (look close... he's there...) makes it semi-figurative so I get a pass today!

Pagoda HIlls Vineyard, oil, 11"x14",
to purchase, please click here
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...