I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday, September 8, 2016

Day 8 - Yayoi Kusama

So, this is a bit of a diversion from what I have been painting.. but it is still technically figurative.  More portraiture, but... that's ok.  I discovered this artist last week sometime while searching unrelated things on the net.  I was so struck by her story, her age, that she is still alive and creating artwork... that I was completely moved to make a painting of her!  Please look her up, if for no other reason than to read about a contemporary female artist who has lived a unique and amazing life.  I hope my portrait does her justice!
Click here to go to the wiki info page about Yayoi...

Yayoi, oil on panel, 6"x6",

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...