I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Day 6 - Studying the Circular

Sometimes the most mundane places give you the most beautiful compositions! This man was at my local grocery and as I was packing my bags away, I sneakily snapped a picture of him. I love all of the patterns and shapes occurring all around him and just love his pose and expression.   They were great to break down and analyze to see just how everything fits together.  It turned out to be a very complicated composition to execute... I spent way too much time in my studio painting this one!  But in the end, it was exciting and fun to paint!  Challenging also in I don't know how many older men (try none...) I have actually painted in my life, so getting his gesture right took a bit of patience.  And the foreshortening  of his legs and arm.... Let me just say, this was a case of paint what you see, not what you think you know...
 Sadly, because it is still pretty wet, it was difficult to photograph without a glare... This is the best I could get for now...
And btw, tomorrow's painting won't be quite as complex...!

Studying the Circular, oil, 20"x20"
To purchase, please click here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...