I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, September 5, 2016

Day 5 - Morning Dove

Today's painting is of my daughter.  As I said in an earlier post, she obliged me a few weeks back and posed in different locales wearing various dresses and costumes. I was trying to capture the beauty of this moment while pushing a little further into impressionism. Although the dove wasn't there in the original photograph, this composition was just calling out for one.. who knows why?  This was definitely one of those paintings that was telling me what needed to be done as I was painting it! Because I love this one so much right now, I fear it is not for sale at this time!  But I will definitely be revisiting the techniques I was experimenting with in future paintings. I am thoroughly enjoying this 30 in 30!



Morning Dove, Oil, 12"x24"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...