I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday, September 15, 2016

Day 15 - Canine Constitutional

So, I am a member of a cool, cooperative gallery in West Reading (Art Plus Gallery) and consequently, I spend a lot of time in the town.  One really great thing is that it is a very dog friendly town. Any time of day, you will see folks out walking their dog(s).  It provides many opportunity for photo references!  I took this pic about a year ago and came across it when looking for material for this 30 in 30.  At first, I wasn't sure if I wanted to paint it because the little sausage dog is only seen from the back.  But, I did really like the image, and decided to take the challenge... see if I could paint him and make him actually look like a dog!  Hope it worked...
And by the way, the wrinkles in those pants.... not easy!  And that was the last thing I was worried about .  It's funny how certain things present challenges that you aren't expecting.



Canine Constitutional, oil, 9"x12"
to purchase, please click here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...