I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Day 14 - Walking Meditation

I photographed this woman down at Wildwood, NJ this year.  She just happened by and I luckily had my phone handy.  I loved her flowy clothes and her gingerly taken steps as she walked up the beach from the water line.  Capturing her careful movements and, believe it or not, her feet, was a study in exact brush work and value.  Yes her feet.  Painting feet and hands are very difficult to get just right as their angles and planes are very particular... one little dot can throw them off, making them unrecognizable!  This painting makes me want to go back to the ocean just one more time before it gets cold, though..

Walking Meditation,  oil, 9"x12"
To purchase, please click here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...