I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Day 13 - Shopping Day

So, this 30 in 30 has been all about experimenting and trying out new things.  One of the things artists have to consider is the scale of the artwork they are creating.  And when I work from photo references, I always have to consider how I am going to crop the image...  I have some panel cut offs hanging around my studio that are waiting for me to figure out what I am going to paint on them.  After snapping this picture the other day at my grocery store, I decided it would be awesome to try a very long, narrow, vertical composition... And see what happens.  I really like how the lines draw you through the composition and how it appears to be just a sliver of time, maybe as viewed through a narrow slit in a doorway....

Shopping Day, oil, 4"x12",
To purchase, please click here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...