I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Day 6 of the 30 in 30 - Lily and Charlotte

I was commissioned to paint this a few months back by a sweet woman who wanted to capture the innocent youth and beauty of her two Grand Nieces.  It is a challenge to paint people who you don't know personally but I was able to spend an afternoon photographing them which gave me an idea of their two different personalities.  I just finished it received final approval from the lady who commissioned me today!  Yay!  For an artist, doing commissions can be a bitter sweet deal.  Creating one of a kind artwork for someone to their specifications can be very gratifying as the final painting holds added meaning.  But it also means that you don't get to be painting your own personal artwork which at times can be frustrating.  But this portrait was special and I had a wonderful time solving all of the problems associated with painting portraits, plus I got to paint white, satiny fabric, so of course I looked at Sargent's work a lot as a reference point.  If you would like to commission me to paint a portrait or other subject, please give me a shout at karenlyn1772@yahoo.com.  I would be happy to work with you!

Lily and Charlotte, oil on canvas, 16" x 20",
sold

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...