I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Friday, January 15, 2016

Day 14 - My Red Chucks

I didn't get a chance to post this yesterday... With family, and framing and an art opening, I just ran out of time!  But I had a great time painting this one.. As the title implies, these are my own personal pair of Chucks... I love them and want to get several more pairs in different colors.  This, I think is one of the most appealing things about them!  All of the colors!  Anyway, this probably isn't my last painting of Chucks... I think I have a problem... :)

To talk shop a little bit, I painted this one with both acrylic and oil.  I started it with acrylic, painting the striped design in the background. (did this because it dries super fast)  I opted for neutral black, gray and white with just a bit of red and yellow ochre. I love that palette and love how it allows the red shoes to pop.
My Red Chucks, oil and acrylic on panel, 9" x 12"
to purchase, please click here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...