I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Day 13 - Emerald Cove

Today I got to work at the Gallery which was a pure delight in that it is such a beautiful space, its just nice to be there.  However, it is a complete change of schedule for me and trying to paint while I am there poses logistical issues... Some of these issues are easy to fix...  But today the air in the gallery was so dry that the paint was drying almost as fast as I was applying it.  I was using acrylic to start and I just am NOT used to the working properties of acrylics.... Oh well.... I was able to work a little more on this at home, but... I really wanted to keep it simple.  Simple lines, simple composition, simple colors....
Also, I had a left over piece of panel from when I cut the panel for the billboard entry a few days ago... It seemed like it needed a hidden cove painted on it...

Emerald Cove, oil on panel, 11" x 20"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...