I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday, January 28, 2016

28 - Big Reds

Today's painting will be a 2 day painting.  I felt the need to go bigger again, after a series of 6x6's and a 9x12 thrown in... Today's red sneaks are on an 18"x24" panel.  After painting the 2 smaller pics of Converse all stars (or Chucks, whatever you call them) I have been wanting to go bigger than life with them.  I don't know... it's not that I worship my red Chucks or anything, but they are just fun and make me happy.  So, I wanted to share that happiness with the blog-o-sphere....
But... because of the scale of the painting, it is not finished.  I painted what we painters like to call the "under painting" in acrylic today. I will be going over it with oils tomorrow to add depth, detail and little extra magic.  Here is where I got with it as of now...



Big Reds, 18" x 24",  currently acrylic on panel... tomorrow it will be mixed media

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...