I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, March 9, 2015

Chateau Coq Gallic

This is the 2nd in my series of vintage poster paintings. I want to do a few more of these and see what people think about them. I know I sure enjoy painting them!  Anyway, this one is titled "Chateau Coq Gallic".  I started out knowing I wanted to do a rooster poster/painting after I completed the Bulldog and for some reason unknown to me, I knew I wanted the text to be French in some way. As I was designing it and thinking about what I wanted to be the title, I found out that coincidentally, the Rooster, and specifically, the Coq Gallic is the un-official symbol of France! (click here to read more about this.)  What a happy coincidence.  Love when things like this happen!  So, I named it Chateau Coq Gallic, which translates the Castle of the Gallic Rooster.  So, this is what I came up with.. I included pictures of it framed and un-framed.  It is currently hanging  in Art Plus Gallery in W. Reading, PA.  Enjoy!

Chateau Coq Gallic, oil on canvas, 16" x 20", $275
to Purchase, please contact Art Plus Gallery at
610-375-9122


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...