Thanks for stopping to look, I hope you enjoy my artwork. Follow the links to my website, FB page and my Daily Paintworks store for even more! Thanks!

Monday, March 9, 2015

Chateau Coq Gallic

This is the 2nd in my series of vintage poster paintings. I want to do a few more of these and see what people think about them. I know I sure enjoy painting them!  Anyway, this one is titled "Chateau Coq Gallic".  I started out knowing I wanted to do a rooster poster/painting after I completed the Bulldog and for some reason unknown to me, I knew I wanted the text to be French in some way. As I was designing it and thinking about what I wanted to be the title, I found out that coincidentally, the Rooster, and specifically, the Coq Gallic is the un-official symbol of France! (click here to read more about this.)  What a happy coincidence.  Love when things like this happen!  So, I named it Chateau Coq Gallic, which translates the Castle of the Gallic Rooster.  So, this is what I came up with.. I included pictures of it framed and un-framed.  It is currently hanging  in Art Plus Gallery in W. Reading, PA.  Enjoy!

Chateau Coq Gallic, oil on canvas, 16" x 20", $275
to Purchase, please contact Art Plus Gallery at
610-375-9122


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...