I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Saturday, March 7, 2015

Bulldog Cafe

This is one of my latest paintings which is in the current show at Art Plus Gallery in W. Reading, PA.  I was researching the artwork of vintage posters for a commission I was working on and  became interested in some of the designs and bold, flat colors that are often used.  I decided to meld my style with the style of these posters and came up with Bulldog Cafe!  I have another one hanging in the gallery which features a Rooster! (Come back Monday to read about it!)  And, I have a few more ideas floating around in my brain that I'd like to realize on canvas in the near future.... This style is a lot of fun because of the added text and the bright, playful images.  I did a lot of designing on Photoshop first to get the initial image which I then transformed to my style... Lots of fun!
The image below shows the painting framed with one of my solid wood floater frames that I make.  Enjoy!

Bulldog Cafe,  16"x20", oil on canvas, framed
to purchase, please contact Art Plus Gallery at
610-375-9122

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...