I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

The Elements of Dissonance, The Principles of Harmony

This is my entry in to the 11th annual Berks Arts Council's Art of Jazz juried exhibition.  I am submitting it tomorrow and don't know if it will make it in. Hopefully!  I experimented with this one and heavily textured the canvas with a texturizing medium I made up from a mixture of gesso, gel medium, white glue and gypsum.... Found the recipe on an online art forum.... Love the look and feel of the paint on the textured surface... However, I had difficulty photographing it well.  There are lots of shadows and potential glare spots!  But, here it is.  I grabbed a still image from an online home video someone shot of a local jazz band performing in a small club.  Loved the juxtaposition of the instruments - the variety of edges - the neutral tones balanced with small pops of color and the overall composition of this one...  I'll keep ya posted on the outcome of this one.



The Elements of Dissonance, The Principles of Harmony, 24" x 30", oil on textured canvas, framed


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...