I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Friday, February 20, 2015

Still alive and Focused on the Quest!

Hello to everyone out there in Winter land... Sorry I haven't posted for several weeks, but after the 30 in 30 that I took part in, in January, I needed to take a breather from posting.  (Although that is highly un-recommended)  I have many things going on in my life in addition to making art and it seems they were all happening during this oh so cold month.  They include my son's basketball which happens 3 times a week, getting my daughter to martial arts  and her job, cub scout's happenings, gallery sittings, entering work in shows, going to art openings, attending Valentine's parties, designing commissions and the list goes on.  And this doesn't even include the other things like cooking, cleaning, house repair, and of course, spending time with my family (which seems to be getting less and less these days.  I need to figure that one out..)  Anyway, sorry to talk about all the things that most of us deal with on a daily basis... but I just felt like I needed to explain myself... :)

So, in addition to all of the hectic-ness of my life, I have been experimenting with new techniques, styles and sizes in my studio this month.  I have been having so much fun, and can't tell you how excited I am about some of the things that are happening on my canvases lately!  I have been applying my own recipe of texture medium to canvases, doing a lot of pre-designing of compositions on photoshop and exploring themes like vintage poster art and movement, and working BIG.  I believe that this explosion of ideas and energy is a direct result of the intense work I did during the 30 in 30.  There is something to be said about creating a painting a day... just putting out a large amount of work continuously... that seems to really light the fire.  So, I will be posting these new and different paintings in the coming weeks starting with this one.  It's a biggie... measuring 24" x 30", it was the first of the experimental works I did.  I stood staring at the blank canvas and just kept seeing a tiger racing out of., focused on it's prey...  I wondered what should I paint on this big canvas?  A landscape?...  Head smack... It takes me a bit sometimes to hear the insistent voice and see the clear image that is being handed to me. But, I eventually pay attention.  This painting is titled "Focused on the Quest".  It feels like my life right now!  I really tried to convey movement, action and intent in this one and I hope it comes across!  I will be hanging this in the upcoming show at Art Plus Gallery if you would like to see it in person.  (It will be framed and ready for your wall!)  Paintings are always better seen live!

Focused on the Quest, oil on canvas, 24" x 30", $650
To purchase this painting, please visit Art Plus Gallery, 604 Penn Ave. W. Reading, PA, during the months of March & April

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...