I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, January 26, 2015

Day 26 - Colorado Abstract

So, as I have painted landscapes over the past few weeks, I have noticed that I am seeing them more and more as abstracted shapes, colors and values.  It makes me wonder if they hold up composition-ally when turned 180 degrees. Tonight I am posting a painting both as the original orientation that I painted it and flipped upside-down to see what I think.  Theoretically, in my opinion, the painting should be equally pleasurable to view no matter what the orientation.  (Right?)  I don't know, but I think this should be so.  So, today's painting, simply titled "Colorado" is up to you how you like it (as all of my paintings are, actually)...
This painting is available for auction at my Daily Paintworks site! Please click here to bid

Colorado, oil on panel, 6"x6"
to place a bid, please click here



(because it makes me smile)  Odaroloc, oil on panel, 6"x6"
to place a bid, please click here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...