I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Sunday, January 25, 2015

Day 25 - The Red Beach

Sometimes you think something is going to be simple and it turns out to be elusive and unexpectedly difficult.  Today's painting turned into one of those times.  I was initially drawn to the image I found on Morguefiles because of it's strong S composition and pretty pastel colors contrasting with the red beach.  It didn't seem as though there was a whole lot going on in the water area and I thought I could  easily solve the problems of painting the reflecting sky, sea foam and the red sand showing through in some areas.  Well... lets just say, I struggled with this one today.  However, after careful observation... I think I resolved the problems I was having and am pleased with the final results.  This painting is available for auction on my Daily Paintworks site.  If you are interested in bidding, please click here.

Red Beach, oil on panel, 6"x6'
To place  bid, please click here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...